Department: Sales & Marketing Department Ref. Codes Reports To: Commercial Sales Manager MD/DC/VA #SAM001 FLAS Status: Exempt OPENINGS: MD/DC/VA -1 SUMMARY Position utilizes Selling Ability as well as Knowledge of the Commercial Procurement Procedures in order to develop new business and conduct sales of furniture and related products to Commercial Customers. Position will be… Read More
USBI’s Recruiting Process : To understand USBI’s recruiting process, this overview is from the resume submission to the interview and beyond. (Of course, USBI uses many methods to recruit and hire employees. The following overview is meant to illustrate only one type of recruiting method.)
1. Potential Candidate Submits a Resume.
Please consider filling out the Form on the Right, indicate position you are applying for and upload your Resume. (You may also upload your application.)
USBI’s Employment Applications can be submitted with a fill-able PDF Document. Please download, and use the Adobe Reader or Chrome Browser.
- - WEB Employment Application (Right Click – Save Link As - To Download)
Or download, print, complete and send your application and resume to:
U S Business Interiors, ATTN: HR, 8800 Lottsford Road, Largo, MD 20774; fax to (301) 350–9393 in confidence to HR Manager.
TO BE CONSIDERED an applicant, you MUST indicate the advertised job and/or job code you are applying for and meet ALL minimum qualifications for that job and complete the Employment Application.
2. Resumes Submitted to USBI are Kept on File. Resumes are kept for approximately six months. Resumes are sorted and matched to various positions; you DO NOT need to submit multiple resumes within that six-month period.
3. A USBI Recruiter Searches Resumes on File. When a USBI recruiter is assigned to fill a particular position, he or she searches resume files for specific keywords (related to job description or job code).
4. The Recruiter Identifies Best Matching Resumes. The USBI recruiter reviews resumes that meet the search criteria in detail to identify which resumes appear to best match the positions’s requirements. The selected resumes are tagged with the job requisition number so they may be tracked for further consideration.
5. Interviews are Scheduled. The most competitive candidates for the positions are scheduled for an interview with a USBI HR representative. These interviews are often conducted face-to-face; however, some interviews may be conducted via phone or video conferencing. The candidates will usually have several interviews, each with a different member of USBI’s hiring team. The decision is reached by considering the input from all members of the team
6. USBI’s Recruiter Contacts the Selected Candidates. USBI’s recruiter contacts the candidate who best meets the requirements for the position and offers them the job. The written offer letter will include information such as start date, salary, and relocation (when required). If the candidate declines to accept the position, the next most qualified applicant. Once the position has been filled, other candidates may be sought again for future positions.
USBI Benefits Package
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance (Lincoln National)
- Short Term Disability (Lincoln National)
- Long Term Disability (Lincoln National)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Group Long Term Care (CNA)
- 401K (American Funds)
- Legal Advisor Resource (United Legal Benefits)
- Direct Deposit
- Vacation, Holiday & Paid Time Off (PTO)
Diversity at USBI
Means recognizing that our world is made up of differences
and similarities and the blending of these components makes us a better organization.
USBI is a Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace
USBI maintains a drug and alcohol free workplace. All employees are subject to a
Pre-Employment Drug Test and random drug testing. In addition, accidents that occur
while on the job, whether vehicular or operational, require drug and alcohol testing.
Department: Sales & Marketing Ref. Codes Reports To: GSA Sales Manager MD/DC/VA #GSM001 FLAS Status: Exempt OPENINGS: MD/DC/VA – 1 SUMMARY Position utilizes Selling Ability as well as Knowledge of Government Procurement Procedures in order to conduct sales of furniture and related products to Federal Agencies. Position will be supported by Customer Service and… Read More
Department: Design Ref. Codes Reports To: Design Manager MD/DC/VA #DEM001 FLAS Status: Exempt OPENINGS: MD/DC/VA – 1 SUMMARY Position utilizes Design ability to layout and specify Furniture related products. Position works with Account Executives and Customer Service to meet the needs of current and potential clients. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for all phases… Read More
Department: Sales Ref. Codes Reports To: Manager of Sales Coordination MD/DC/VA #SCM001 FLAS Status: Exempt OPENINGS: MD/DC/VA – 1 Preference given to applicant with office furniture background) SUMMARY Position works with the Sales Executive to create quotes, place, track and schedule orders of Furniture related products. Position works with Account Executives and Design Department to… Read More