|Reports To:||Manager of Sales Coordination||
|OPENINGS:||MD/DC/VA – 1 Preference given to applicant with office furniture background)|
Position works with the Sales Executive to create quotes, place, track and schedule orders of Furniture related products. Position works with Account Executives and Design Department to meet the needs of current and potential clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for quote preparation using computer generated quote / order entry programs.
- Verify Pricing of orders.
- Establish and maintain relationship with clients in order to respond to their furniture related questions.
- Gather material and assist the Account Executive and Customer service in producing quotes.
- Establish relationships with manufacturers representatives.
- Resolve Vendor pricing discrepancies.
- Participate in all department meetings, activities and is a supportive member of the Team.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform satisfactorily, each Essential Duty outlined above. The REQUIREMENTS listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATIONS and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree (A.A.) from a two-year college and TWO years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos and well as basic mathematical skills. Ability to write correspondence and create well organized and complete quotes. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, Sales Executive, and other employees of our organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee may be required to travel to client locations via their own vehicle.
The characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid, clean Drivers License issued by the state of current residence.
- Maintain established dress code. Maintain job safety. Exhibit initiative and willingness to learn. Maintain appropriate tools needed to perform job. Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- The position requires that the candidate either directly own or lease a vehicle which he or she can legally use as transportation to and from work and client locations.
- Passing of Pre-Employment Drug Test is essential.
U.S. Business Interiors, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.